Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chocolate Peppermint Cookies


Hello again! So I feel I should give a quick explanation as to why I made these cookies.

About a month ago, my Mom and I went to Chick-Fil-A after watching True Grit. They had a chocolate peppermint milkshake that sounded really super amazing. I knew my mission, to look through my books to find a decent chocolate cookie that I could add these peppermint chips I had in my freezer.

The recipe, came from this cookbook:
I picked this up a couple of weeks ago because my local Border's store was going out of business. I also picked up 1 Mix, 100 Cakes so yay for cheap cookbooks!



--------------------------------------------------------------
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup superfine sugar
1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup peppermint chips

1) Preheat oven to 375 F. Line 2 cookie sheets with baking parchment

2) Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon, then beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and a pinch of salt into the mixture. Add the chips and stir until thoroughly combined.

3) Scoop up tablespoons of the mixture and shape into balls. Put them on the prepared cookie sheets spaced well apart and flatten slightly.

4) Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheets for 5-10 minutes, then using a metal spatula, carefully transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
--------------------------------------------------------------
These, were so sinfully perfect. The chocolate and peppermint are in perfect balance, neither is too overpowering. And they're the perfect size, all tiny and adorable. These were really easy to make, and were the perfect thing for my chocolate peppermint craving. These may be on my baking list for Christmas this year, but they would look perfect on a gift platter.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...