Thursday, March 3, 2011

Raspberry Chip Cookies


Hello everyone! Sorry about being gone for a couple of weeks, but the sugar cookies I made for Valentine's Day took forever to finish. So this week it was finally time to bust out a favorite of mine, but I kind of have to explain the origins.

So for V-day, my Mom made me a little bag of candy, and in the bag were these Raspberry Hershey's Kisses. I took one bite and I remembered this cookie I haven't made since I was about 19. You see, Hershey's used to make Raspberry baking chips, and they were my favorite cookie to make for a bout a year, but then Hershey's stopped making them. I had completely forgotten about them until I had the candies. I was so excited, that the day after Valentine's I hit up my local Target and bought 3 bags of the Kisses. I figured they were the next best thing to the baking chips.



INGREDIENTS:

2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) of butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chopped Raspberry Hershey's Kisses
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts

1) Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.

2) Beat together butter, sugar and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in one egg at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add in vanilla and mix well. Add flour mixture to wet mixture until just combined.

3) Add in chips and walnuts until just combined.

4) Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets, and bake for 9-11 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
--------------------------------------------------
So, these were a little tricky. This recipe is a variation on your basic Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I broke my chopper chopping the Kisses, and I didn't have 2 cups, so I decided to supplement with walnuts, chocolate & white chocolate chips. The flavor of the raspberry chips isn't that strong, because while chopping I produced mostly shavings. I think next time I try these I'll hand chop in big pieces and supplement with chips & walnuts again. Still, these were a fun blast from the past that totally put a smile on my face. Hopefully if you try them out, they'll do the same for you.

(my new apron, it's so freaking cute!)






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...