Sunday, January 16, 2011

Butterscotch Gingersnaps


So I was going to bake yesterday, I had my whole evening planned. I was going to clean my room with some EndDust, do my laundry, and then bake. Yeah, none of that happened. I instead went dancing with the girls and my baking had to wait until this afternoon. I found this on All Recipes at least 7 years ago when I was living in Flagstaff. They have been a go-to for holidays in the past and I think they make an appearance this year after a 3 year absence.


INGREDIENTS:
3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. ginger
3/4 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 large egg
1/3 cup molasses
1 package of Butterscotch chips

1) Preheat oven to 350 F. 

2) Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt in a bowl. Stir to blend.

3) Beat butter, brown sugar, egg and molasses in a large bowl until blended.

4) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Blend until just mixed.

5) Add butterscotch chips.

6) Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and flatten slightly in your palm. Place on baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes.

MAKES 5 1/2 DOZEN

(I <3 the mix between the color of the dough & the chips)

(my secret for uniform cookies, a miniature ice-cream scoop)

(look mom, we're ready for the oven!)

These cookies are in a word, delectable. You get the spices from the cookie, but the butterscotch chips give it a nice rich quality. It's very easy to eat 3-4 in one sitting, and they're so good you don't feel bad about it at all. Another added bonus from baking these is that your house will smell AWESOME for hours. Seriously, it's the gift that keeps on giving.

(this cookie and I have a date with milk & the Golden Globes)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...