Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Kitchen

So I thought I would show you guys the set-up I use for baking. First off, if the countertop & cabinets look like they are straight out of the 70's, that's because they are. Aside from appliances, the kitchen is pretty much original.


I have not one, but two spice cabinets. This first one holds everything I need for baking. The first shelf has my spices, along with baking soda & powder, shortening and apparently some leftover nuts. Second shelf has mostly decorating stuff, and the bottom shelf has more food stuffs.



The second cabinet has my cooking supplies, and please excuse the spoon through the door. It doesn't close right, and one of my cat's favorite past-times is to open drawers and climb inside. Top shelf has spices, oils & marinades. Second shelf has more spices and my coffee. Bottom shelf houses the jumbo-cupcake tin and a griddle.


Well, that's what I'm working with folks! I'm going to be doing some baking tomorrow so look for an entry Sunday night/Monday afternoon.

3 comments:

Christine Wu said...

Love your kitchen! And so organized. I wish I had bigger kitchen...

Lola said...

Thank you, although believe me I feel your pain about wanting more room. It's a good sized 1 person kitchen, but if my Mom and I try to bake together there just isn't enough room.

Hilary's Corner said...

Oh I just love those counters.I am very into the whole 70's/vintage kitchen stuff and love yours.I think all cats must love drawers because my old cat used to do the samething too..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...