Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hello everyone! We are officially in my favorite time of year (yay Fall!), but I still wasn't ready to let the flavors of summer go. I made these last week, and they were a cinch to throw together. I must admit, I'm a little sad they didn't taste more like coconut, but next time I whip these up I'm going to add extra coconut extract and flaked coconut in the batter. These were also supposed to make 2 dozen, but by making them into bite-size morsels I squeezed about 4 dozen out of the batter. They got nice and toasty on the outside, but were gooey and soft on the inside. Not a bad way to say goodbye to Summer at all!


INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon of coconut extract
1 cup plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup (6 oz) chocolate chips
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1) In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and coconut extract; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and coconut.

2) Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 F. for 11-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...