Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Peanut Butter Maple Cookies

I was still on a peanut butter kick, and I was so happy when I came across this recipe. The cool thing about these, is that when they bake they smell like fresh off the griddle pancakes. Seriously, my house smelled like IHOP for most of the day. They spread out quite a bit, so they tend to be a bit crisp, but they are flavorful and a nice twist on your average peanut butter cookies. Enjoy!

P.S. I made 1 substitution with my cookies. Instead of using 2 tsp. of vanilla, I used 2 tsp. of maple flavoring. 


INGREDIENTS
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp. maple syrup
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 package (10 oz.) peanut butter chips

1) In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in syrup and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in peanut butter chips. 

2) Drop by heaping tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325 F. for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to finish cooling.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...