Friday, October 14, 2011

Honey-Peanut Butter Cookies

If you were to ask me what some of my favorite flavors are, I would say that most of my favorites are flavor-combinations. PB & Chocolate, Banana & PB, Orange & Chocolate, and Honey & PB. I was late to the BB&H sandwich, something I discovered from a roommate in college. It's such fantastic combo too; the creamy saltiness of the peanut butter with the spicy sweetness of honey, it's really delicious. 


I was looking for something fall-like to make, and I was so happy I happened to have just enough PB&H to make these bad boys. They are a little time consuming, but they are so worth it; the night I made these I ate about five. I couldn't help it, all you need with these bad boys is some milk and you are set. These were so good, these might make an appearance in my Christmas gift trays. So yeah, go ahead and give these a try!


INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup honey
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

1) In a large bowl, beat shortening, peanut butter, and honey. Add eggs; mix well. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, add to peanut butter mixture and mix well.

2) Roll into 1-1 1/2 inch balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork dipped in flour. Bake at 350 F. for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. 

(before going into the oven)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...