Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Fall is hands down my favorite time of the year, the weather gets cooler, it signals the beginning of college football, and it means that everyone starts to add pumpkin to everything. Seriously, a couple of weeks ago I bought a bag of pumpkin spice marshmallows. I seriously love fall.

This recipe is from AllRecipes.com, and it's a site that I highly recommend. I love the adjuster on the website because you can tailor the recipe to fit the quantity you need. I didn't want these festering in my fridge, so I only made a half-dozen. I still have quite a bit of canned pumpkin left, so I'm probably going to have to make some pumpkin bread this weekend.

These muffins are super delicious. They're dense and moist, and the chocolate chips give this a really nice richness. The recipe below are the listed ingredients, but I also added some pumpkin pie spice to the batter so the pumpkin flavor wouldn't get lost. I can't wait to have one of these bad boys for breakfast tomorrow!

INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup & 2 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 egg
1/4 cup & 2 tbsp. canned pumpkin
2 tbsp. water
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup chocolate chips
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease and flour muffin pan or use paper liners.
  2. Mix sugar, oil, eggs. Add pumpkin and water. In separate bowl mix together the baking flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.. Add wet mixture and stir in chocolate chips.
  3. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...